The Department of Security Service (DSS) has Busted an ISIS Training field at Kano.following information gathered by secret source.
Whole five Nigerians were arrested on their way to Libya and other Africa States.
The State Director of DSS, Abdullahi Bello Chiranchi, said that the arrest was a remarkable breakthrough at frustrating move by terrorists to make Kano an ISI training ground.
Chiranci revealed that those arrested were indigenes of Kogi State moving to Libya, Morocco and other places that might have traces of ISIS fighters.
1. On the part of the government, those in power must fear God and practice their religious obligations and national duties sincerely. This will earn them moral support from the followers. Also there must be a vibrant national view centered on the fear of God, after all, swearing with the Bible or Koran is an indication of weaving individual and national conscience around religion; consequently performance of duties must be seen as an opportunity to serve the nation and put national interests over and above individual interests. [ 2 Samuel 23:3;Exodus 23:6-8; Nehemiah 5:15]
2. Religious leaders also need to wake up from their slumber and take the message of self denial more seriously. They should not see religion as a means of amassing wealth neither should they spare the corrupt individuals and government officials in the course of preaching sermons. They should see their call as a means of inculcating the fear of God and the values of honesty, hard work, accountability and concern for the common good in their members. [ Isaiah 56:10,11; Jeremiah 23:13,14; Pro. 17 :23 ; Prov. 29:4]
3. Individuals and adherents must be ready to face the challenges of life and play down complete dependence on miracles and healings. The Bible reveals that all miracle workers of this age are not agents of God. They must also pay attention to the provisions of the criminal codes against the various shades of corruption and most importantly, they must have the fear of God in their hearts and imbibe this in their children. [ Matt. 16:4; 7:21-23; Eccl. 12: 13,14]
4. Leadership must display transparency, honesty, probity, accountability, purposefulness and commitment to good ideals of the society before the followers will be convinced of the genuineness of such crusade. [ 1 Cor. 4:1,2; Prov. 28:20]
5. The predilection for short cuts should be discouraged and made punishable. [ Matt. 7: 13,14]. Remember that those who corruptly enrich themselves will have no place in the kingdom of God. Isaiah 33:14-17
6. Family units must rise up to their primary responsibility of giving the first lessons in morality to their wards. [ Prov. 22:6]
7. The moral fabric of the society should be strengthening through explicit examples of commitment, pragmatism, honesty, justice and fairness.
8. Reward system should be equitable enough where hard work should be adequately compensated and recognized in all facets of our national life.
9. A credible and effective system vigilance mechanism should be put in place.
10. Poverty and unemployment must be seriously tackled, we commend the efforts of federal government for introducing poverty alleviation programme especially for unemployed youths in Nigeria but still the ideals of the programme was defeated by greedy politicians who hijacked it for their kits and kinsmen. Nigerians should avoid being used as perpetuators of corruption, instead be on the vanguard against this ugly trends, it is a battle to be fought by all and with the resources of all so that together we can build a corrupt free society, where true religion and societal values thrives.
11. Finally, we as a credible and true religious organization must as a matter of principle and practice be positive mentors or role models in the society. We must not look at our strength in number but in our quality of piety or holiness , doing things out of honesty and incorruptness in this perverse generation, knowing full well that in so doing we shall inherit the promises. Let people see us as epitomes of purity. We are a brand built by God to offer spiritual praises to him. In 1 Peter 2:9-10 , it is written, ‘But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.’ Also in Philip. 2:15, it is also written, ‘That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world”